Know what to expect this hurricane season with Hurricane Impact - the official app of HurricaneTrack.com.
Hurricane Impact features news and updates throughout the hurricane season that goes beyond traditional hurricane tracking. The app features:
* Our blog posts, complete with graphics and videos, are posted to the app the moment we post them to HurricaneTrack.com - a trusted hurricane news and information site since 1999!
* Live wind speed and pressure data from weather sensors that we place in the path of a landfalling hurricane to provide users with real-time weather data plus a LIVE web cam image from the location of our weather equipment
* During hurricane season, users will benefit from our daily video blog that explains the current and forecast goings on in the tropics. Plus, our 16 years of experience in hurricane analysis and preparedness will be evident as we give details on the IMPACT of tropical storms and hurricanes. It's not just about the category or a point on a map - you'll understand what to expect and then we will take you there with our field mission reports and live weather data and web cam images.
* During our field missions Hurricane Impact will be an excellent resource for users to know what is going on with our "boots on the ground" field updates. That's right! We will take you in to the eye of the hurricane with as many video blogs as we can push out. This was a very successful part of our initial launch last hurricane season with over 40 video blogs delivered to the app from the landfall zone during hurricanes Isaac and Sandy.
* We have developed our own tracking maps as well as specialized Tropical Cyclone Heat Potential tracking maps that not only plot the current and forecast positions of storms and hurricanes, but also give the user the added benefit of seeing the upper ocean heat content along the forecast path. Only Hurricane Impact has this feature!
* Our Twitter and Facebook updates are posted in the app for easy following of our social media interaction. URLs open just by tapping them from within the app - a nice feature to view pics as we post them.
* We also cover off-season weather such as winter storms, severe weather threats and more.
When hurricanes threaten land along the United States coastline, only Hurricane Impact will have live weather data feeding in to the app in real time. Only Hurricane Impact has the exclusive and innovative Surge Cam to show you what is REALLY happening where the hurricane is making landfall. There is simply no other hurricane related app that puts you in the middle of the hurricane utilizing cutting-edge technology and experience like Hurricane Impact.
Add Hurricane Impact to your tool box of weather related apps today!
Gregg Warren Published date: October 6, 2017
Great information and up to date Most current data out there. Full Review
Published date: September 14, 2017
Been waiting a long time for the new version. This is everything we hoped for. Full Review
Published date: September 24, 2017
Just copies noaa.does not stay updated. Does Full Review
Panther David Published date: September 12, 2017
Great app to use Full Review
Martin Ayton Published date: September 10, 2017
Excellent! The android app was worth waiting for. The back button doesn't work, so you can't exit the app without using a task switcher, but minor stuff like that will get resolved, I'm sure. Full Review
Lanikea King Published date: September 9, 2017
Unique live camera coverage of historic hurricane Irma. Video is buggy with Android but keep trying and it will work. Real people on the ground covering the storms run this app. Full Review
Catherine Murnane Published date: September 9, 2017
Thanks so much for getting the Android version working! This is an awesome app... great layout with essential hurricane information. The live cams feature is fantastic! Full Review
Rick M Published date: September 9, 2017
Tell your friends, support this project!Best storm application I've found. Thanks Mark for delivering on the Android app! Full Review
Dave Zittlow Published date: September 9, 2017
Love the recently updated app. Great information for those in need. Please help Mark put by supporting his work! Full Review
Val Whittington Published date: September 9, 2017
Thank you for the Android update! Great information, live cams, real science from weather equipment. Full Review
Daniel S Published date: September 9, 2017
Been following Mark and Hurricane Track for years! Happy to see the app updated! Great resource for tropical weather! Full Review
Brandon Published date: September 9, 2017
So glad it's available now for android! Great hurricane info and live video. Full Review
Michael Published date: September 10, 2017
Best Hurricane App By Far! Works seamlessly. Thanks Mark for updating the app. Full Review
mark muzekari Published date: February 14, 2018
the very best hurricane app available!!! Full Review