smartChord PLUS Chords
smartChord shows and plays more than 1.000.000.000 chords and fingerings
- Current Version: 1.0
- Updated: August 2, 2015
- Requires Android: 2.1 and up
- Installs: 1,000 - 5,000
smartChord calculates, shows and plays much more than 1.000.000.000 chords and fingerings: for different instruments, for predefined tunings, for custom tunings, from 3 to 8 strings, from the first to the last fret, for beginners and experts, with capo, for right- or left-handed users, ... and fulfills all your wishes.
smartChord provides you also a reverse chord finder, scales, arpeggios, a chromatic tuner, metronome, circle of fifths, ear training quiz, pitch pipe, transposing slide ruler, playground, tone generator.
smartChord is the ultimate chord reference:
* Dictionary with > 220 types of chords
* Support of guitar, bass, banjo, balalaika, bouzouki, cavaquinho, mandocello, mandolin, ukulele, ...
** Calculates all the possibilities for playing a chord and the fingering
* Full supports for capo
* Supports instruments with shortened strings (e.g. 5 string Banjo)
* Expansion of each chord to a 'slash chord'
* Browser/explorer for comfortable navigation
* Modes for different playing strength (basic, advanced, expert)
* Individual adjustment for almost everything. For example: Showing (no/just) barrÃ©-chords, number of the frets and finger, if base tone is obligatory, ...
* Viewer for the grips:
- In detail, in the gallery or all the fingerings in the overview
- Limited to a range of the fretboard
- Notes of the chord or of the whole fretboard
- For right- or left-handed users (lefties)
* For the overview:
- Clear charts and diagrams
- Define your favourites
- Filter and search the chords
- Sort the fingerings according to best sound, level of difficulty, placement on the fretboard, number of the required fingers
* audio playback of every chord and every fingering. The sound can be chosen. E.g. classic-, acoustic-, electric-guitar, ...
âsmartChord PLUS Chordsâ allows to
choose between more than 350 predefined tunings (e.g. DADGAD or Open A)
define any number of individual custom tuning for each instrument
assemble and retain any favorite fingering for any predefined or customized tuning. smartChord gives your âfingering favoritesâ preferential treatment and highlights them or displays them on a specific screen.
save your favorite chord progressions â of famous compositions, your excercises or your own music.
create backups of all smartChord data such as settings, chord progressions, exercises, etc.
smartChord knows also the other way around. It finds out, if a chosen grip corresponds with a certain chord. This feature is generally known as reverse chord finder. By the way, you can define if you allow slash chords, inverted chords or incomplete chords.
======== PLEASE NOTE ========
âsmartChord PLUS Chordsâ is a plugin for the app 'smartChords & Tools' (V3.1 or later). It can't run alone! You need to install 'smart Chords & Tools' from the Google Play store:
Glenn Farrow Published date: April 25, 2016
Didn't work as advertised. However after some back and forth with the developer they fixed the issue with favorites and put a new version on Google Play. They respond quickly to bug reports like this. Full Review
John Metcalf Published date: August 5, 2016
Chord name. After a very promt reply from the developer my problem is sorted!! Brilliant app and a must for anyone studying chords. ð¸ð Full Review
Ziphren Kamikaze Published date: November 8, 2015
great!! helps me, a producer, collaborate with guitarist and bassist, a MUST HAVE app for producers and guitar players Full Review
Alison Wallace Published date: March 25, 2017
excellant app Full Review