Vargo Anesthesia Mega App
This app is simply 1 book (also large app) and 17 other apps combined into 1
- Current Version: 19.0
- Updated: December 8, 2017
- Requires Android: 4.0.3 and up
- Installs: 1,000 - 5,000
17 apps in 1 (Mega App)
This app consists of the book/app "Anesthesia Case Tips" and "16" other Vargo Anesthesia apps combined into 1. So it is now 17 in 1. This app will be updated frequently, free of charge.
The 17 apps included in this massive app are listed below:
1. "Malignant Hyperthermia" - Simplified with the latest literature from the Malignant Hyperthermia Association website.
2. "Calculations"- ABL/EBV, BMI, BSA/CI, MAP, SVR/PVR, Bicarb Deficit and O2 Cylinder Duration. There are no anesthesia drugs doses calculated.
3. "Crises" - This simplifies the emergencies you may deal with in the world of anesthesia. Algorithms and review notes from Amniotic Fluid Embolism, cardiac, airway and other emergency situations.
4. "Anesthesia Case Tips" - The "Anesthesia Case Tips" book (kindle) version on Amazon.com was one of the top selling anesthesia books the year it was published. It consists of 27 chapters with over 500 cases. The simplified search engine permits you to find your case within seconds. There is also a âNotes Sectionâ for you to add personal notes for each case. Cases are frequently being added. Many of the newer cases cannot be found in Jaffe.
5. âAnesthesia Drug Boxâ - There are no drug calculations in the app, just basic pharmacology information as a review. This app contains over 150 drugs/agents/products that we commonly or only periodically use in the field of anesthesia. Perfect for students and a good review and quick reference for anesthesia veterans.
6. âAnesthesia Dripsâ- Common information concerning anesthesia drips. There are no drug calculations. This is a user-friendly top selling anesthesia app which contains a large list of cardiac and anesthesia drips. With one click, the app explains:
*How to mix your drip.
*Popular mixing concentrations.
*Equations used to get the drip rates as a reference
*Pharmacology notes on how the drug works.
7. âAdult Anesthesiaâ - This app offers you over 350 drugs as a basic review.
8. âCABG for Anesthesiaâ- Tailored for someone learning to manage hearts in anesthesia. It is simplified but still detailed. It explains:
*CABG cliffs notes you wonât get in class.
*Step-by-step instructions from pre-op to post-op care.
*What to do from the beginning.
*Setting up the room.
*What the surgeon is doing.
*What the surgeon will do next.
*When and what drugs to give.
*Common cardiac drips.
*Coming off bypass & how other experienced anesthesia providers come off bypass.
9. "Blood/TEGs" - Notes on blood transfusion and blood products. TEG review notes and simplified for beginners.
10. "Pediatric Case Tips" - Contains how we manage close to 100 surgical procedures from start to finish. It was edited by experienced pediatric CRNAs who sit the cases and how they manage them.
11. "OB Regional Anesthesia" - Contains the same material as many OB books, but simplified and user friendly. Equivalent to a 500 page book. Simplifies and user friendly.
12. "LA Max Doses" - One click and you have a quick reference to all the maximum local anesthetic doses.
13. "Local Anesthetics" - A quick detailed reference to all the local anesthetics. Information on:
*Doses & concentrations for the variety of blocks
14. "Anticoagulants & Neuraxial/Deep Regional Block Tables" - Tables of 25 anticoagulants that show:
*Minimal time between the last dose and initiation of a block.
*Whether the anticoagulant can be administered while an epidural catheter is in place.
*Minimal time to restart the anticoagulant after catheter removal.
*When to restart anticoagulant after procedure.
*When to remove catheter after administration.
15. "Platelet Function Assay and interpretation."
16. "Pharmacology & Reversal methods of 28 anticoagulants."
17. "Coagulants & Deficiencies"
Barbara Buzzella Published date: December 13, 2017
Useful, comprehensive, quick and easy to use! Full Review
Jason Franco Published date: October 5, 2017
This helped me soo much during my clinical rotations, I can't say enough. Great job on packing so much info into one app and keeping it all organized. This is essential for any student studying anesthesia and I promise you will not need another app after you get this one. Full Review
Marheanne Abbigail Published date: August 24, 2017
Highly recommended! Very resourceful; good reference if you want to check something really quick. I do have a question.. I have a Samsung phone and purchased this app from play store. I'm wondering if I can download this app on my ipad without having to pay another $80? Thanks! Full Review
dieudonne deku Published date: May 27, 2017
It is so useful as an anesthesia app. Congratulation to the creator. Full Review
erica swaney Published date: June 4, 2017
I use this app all the time..great resource!! Full Review
Mitali Patel Published date: March 24, 2017
SRNA here. Use it every day. Excellent to review unfamiliar cases, check math, look up drugs, I could go on. Full Review
Amy Published date: February 13, 2017
Definitely not worth $80, was expecting it to be more in depth for the price. Full Review
Sarah Fullington Published date: January 17, 2017
I use this app a couple times a week. It's a very helpful resource and they have been great at keeping it updated and relevant. By far the most useful anesthesia app on the market! A must have! Full Review
christwin247 Published date: January 29, 2017
Greatest app for anesthesia providers and students Full Review
Stephanie Cardino Published date: January 27, 2017
Great quick reference while at work. Nice to have in the toolbox. Full Review
Jesse Published date: January 16, 2017
So useful to a SRNA This app has saved me SO many hours of looking things up prior to a case. I regularly thank the CRNA who suggested I get this app for both anesthesia school and beyond. Full Review
Published date: January 13, 2017
Solid A great app, however, I have found numerous spelling errors/typos which detract from the app's credibility a bit. Full Review
Linda Bumgarner Published date: January 5, 2017
Vargo Anesthesia Anesthesia App Full Review
Published date: December 16, 2016
Invaluable I love it. Any chance of adding something that functions similarly to chronomac on iOS? Full Review
David Furlong Published date: October 1, 2016
Amazing program! A MUST for any anesthesia student Great app. Keep the case tips coming! Full Review
Ben Pell Published date: September 3, 2016
Nice program, well put together. Monthly updates improving it. I like the peds section for fast checking my doses and the case notes for cases I don't see very often like the pheochromocytoma I had a few days ago. Full Review
towedmycar Published date: August 27, 2016
Love it! Concise, succinct, to the point, down to business. Full Review
David Bates Published date: August 23, 2016
Great! Topical information that is arranged well. Well targeted to the CRNA or SRNA. Bonus that it is owned and operated by a CRNA with guest CRNA contributors Full Review
Vincent Muma Published date: April 29, 2016
Love it! Very easy to use and convenient to quickly look up what you need Full Review
ame2entre Published date: April 25, 2016
Excellent app made by none other than a CRNA. Full Review
VG Fernandez Published date: April 13, 2016
Vargo Anesthesia,a must have to any CRNA It doesnt matter if you have experience or not,this App is invaluable as a tool for the practice in the real world(not the ideal book world) of anesthesia practice. Full Review
tracye carter Published date: March 30, 2016
Like the app. It's a great resource. One mishap is my calculator for BMI ,etc does not function. Each time I use it I get a "page error" please fix Full Review
Manny Hernandez Published date: March 22, 2016
Amazing App Fast, easy to use, appreciate the updates. Constantly improving on an already great app. Full Review
Tim M Published date: January 21, 2016
Best anesthesia app Full Review
Adam Fieber Published date: November 27, 2015
Love it! Excellent application. It is a good quick reference! Full Review
Shaun Mceuen Published date: October 18, 2015
App directs me to wrong case. Love the app, but if I search a case in case tips amd then select the case it opens up a completely different case. Example: If I search prostatectomy and select prostatectomy robotic it opens up case tips for AAA. But if I scroll down to prostatectomy it will open up prostatectomy like its supposed to. I have sent an email about this and no reply. It has been this way since I first purchased the app a little over a week ago. Full Review
Baro Whang Published date: October 15, 2015
Great update but Great update but can you add laryngospasm to the crisis section? Full Review
Marilyn Piemontese Published date: September 14, 2015
Can't access tips. When I touch what I'm looking for I just get the wheel of death....any advice on how to fix? UPDATE: after restoration to factory settings, the culprit of interference were automatic updates from other apps. Once that feature was turned off, I had no problems with the app!!! Full Review
Sam Baron Published date: September 13, 2015
Great App Works much better than some other apps developed. Full Review
Joseph Sevier Published date: July 1, 2015
Great app Great app and is awesome for case tips. It would be great if it included tips for diseases like graves, CF, muscular dystrophy, ect. However, it is still a great app! Full Review
Jessica Shah Published date: May 13, 2015
Great updates! I use this app almost everyday and love it! The new added features for cardiac anesthesia including drips and pictures are very helpful. More procedures were added too. It is very user friendly. Full Review
Joe F Published date: May 14, 2015
Awesome reference for cases! I use it all of the time! Full Review
Ryan Matthews Published date: January 6, 2015
Good idea... Great product for iphone. Bad for android Half the files don't connect appropriately. If it worked it would be an amazing app. Update**** files all present and working now! Great info.... Presentation could be better but now it at least works! Great update! Full Review
Nathan Bland Published date: January 20, 2015
Vargo anesthesia case tips Good idea. Too many of the surgeries don't show up though when clicked on. Needs work. Full Review
Janet Elizondo Published date: February 17, 2015
Needed to look up total knee arthroplasty but it's not listed for android version. It's on the ipad version but not android. Please add for android. Thanks Full Review
S Mathew Published date: October 15, 2014
New and Improved Excellent and to the point information on majority of the cases. I spoke to Vargo and he just updated the app. I am using galaxy note 3 and so far all the files are opening. So it is WORKING for the Andriod OS. I highly recommend the app. Full Review
Andrew Conrad Published date: October 18, 2014
Most recent update fixed the bugs (haven't found any bugs since). Great reference for the OR. Full Review
Published date: October 16, 2014
Nice Thanks for the fix Full Review
Christian Killingsworth Published date: October 14, 2014
Crashes fixed App used to crash, all is well after update. Great app! Full Review
Alyson Eastep Published date: September 28, 2014
Doesn't work Most of the files won't open. It says cannot open document. Worked great on iPhone not so much on the galaxy. Hopefully this bug is fixed soon. Full Review